Thursday, February 23, 2012

Stuffed Pepper and Zucchini Galore!

Note: All of my good pictures were deleted from my battery deprived camera. I apologize in advance for the less than glamorous shots of food stuffs that now follow >.<

I know, I know. It's been a month. I've missed you blog. School sucks, and I've been surviving off of those yummy, filling, easy to cook carbs (mostly spaghetti and sandwiches >.<).

But alas; I planned on making a certain stew but realized I was missing two main ingredients...and the bell pepper (because I only had one pepper >.<) and zucchini I bought for that recipe were going bad. So, I thought, why not stuff the giant green bell pepper with zucchini and ground turkey? So I googled a recipe for the specifics on heating times and kinda winged the ingredients...turned out reallyyy good though =]

Stuffed Pepper with Turkey and Zucchini - Yields 1 serving

Ingredients:

One Large Green Bell Pepper
2-3 tbps cooking oil (I used Canola Oil)
1/4 lb Ground Turkey
1/2 Large Zucchini, chopped
3/4 small cooking onion, chopped
3 tbsp spaghetti/tomato sauce
Garlic Powder to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cut the top off of pepper and either throw away the top or cut up the extra pepper flesh for the filling. Remove all seeds from the rest of the pepper and wrap the pepper in aluminum foil. Put in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
3. Over medium heat, heat a pan with 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook the turkey until evenly browned. Set aside.
4. Using the rest of the oil, heat the zucchini, onion, and pepper bits (if you took any from the top) until tender. Add the turkey with the mixture and stir in the tomato sauce, garlic powder,
salt, and pepper.
5. Stuff the mixture into the pepper and return to oven for
15 more minutes. Enjoy when ready!

While the stuffed pepper was cooking, I looked over to the leftover zucchini and onion and decided to make a quick zucchini egg dish.

Zucchini & Eggs - Yields 1 serving

Ingredients:
2 eggs, beat
1/2 zucchini, sliced
1 tbsp canola oil
salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Saute zucchini slices until tender. Spread the slices out in a layer covering the bottom of the pan.
2. Season eggs with salt and pepper to taste and pour eggs over zucchini.
3. Cook until eggs are at the consistency you want, flipping and scrambling at your discretion.

Needless to say, I gobbled down this second dish before the first one finished baking...so I actually had leftovers! Yay lunch!

I will be updating within the week with that stew post...going grocery shopping today! Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment