Friday, April 6, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Cookies

So I had one of those "Omg my bananas look sordid" moments and really wanted to make something with them ASAP. Also, since I was running out of pantry space, I decided to use some peanut butter (my 3 remaining jars will suffice for now).

So I did my usual Google thing and found this recipe for peanut butter, banana, and honey cookies. Seeing as how I misplaced my honey, I omitted that ingredient from this baking experience.

I just have to say, I don't think these cookies need honey as they're flavorful enough. I have to warn you though, since this recipe requires quite a bit of flour, the cookies will turn out more muffin-top-like than crispy crunchy cookie-like. It's still ridiculously delicious though, seeing as how everyone I shared a cookie with really liked them. The only thing I did with mine is that I made my glaze a little too thin so I fixed the recipe accordingly...at least it still tasted delicious as a cookie dip :P

Peanut Butter Banana Cookies - Yields about 2 dozen cookies


Ingredients:

Cookies:

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 1/2 tbsp margarine, slightly melted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
~1 cup of mashed banana (about 2 medium sized ripened bananas)

Glaze
:
3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp almond milk (or soy/regular, whatever you prefer!)

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a stand mixer or whatever method you can use to mix a tough batter, mix the butter and sugars until smooth. Then mix in the peanut butter, vanilla, and egg until smooth. Finally, add the banana and mix until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. When evenly mixed, combine with banana/peanut mixture. Mix until evenly distributed.
4. Drop the cookie dough 2 inches apart in ~1 tbsp heaps (which I totally didn't do...) onto baking sheets that have been greased. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies from pans and cool completely before adding glaze.
5. To make the glaze: combine the peanut butter, sugar, and about 1 tbsp of your milk of choice in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Adjust the thickness by adding more milk or sugar. Drizzle glaze over cooled cookies and enjoy! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment